We are now half way through the year, time is truly flying. As we move into the last two quarters of the year it's time to do a goal check-up. Are we on track with our weekly, monthly and yearly goals? Or should we take this time to redefine, update, refresh and recreate our goals? If you are on track, GREAT, if not it's never to late to get back on track.
How do we stick to our goals and dreams when life starts to get in the way?
1. Go back to the goals and remember why you set them in the first place
Ex. I starting writing down my goals so that any time life starts to become rough I can go and remind myself that I am working toward something larger than myself.
2. Review the goals you wrote down and update them with new goals. Remember it is always easier to have goals for the week, month, and year. Setting smaller goals helps the larger goals become more attainable.
Ex. My goal for the month of June was to write at least three blogs for Damnnn Girl per day. It is now July and I have written only one blog per week, this goal seems more attainable with my busy schedule so I am updating that.
3. Start taking accountability for not keeping up with your goals. You can do this by sharing the goals with your partner or friends, taking something away from yourself when you miss a step to the goal or setting reminders for your self.
Ex. My goal is to lose 10 pounds and go to the gym at least three times a week. This week I did not go to the gym because I was feeling lazy so I have to take away the glass of wine I like to have on Friday's after the work week.
4. Set a date to reach your goals. Then set a backup date.
Ex. My goal is to re-brand DamnnnGirl within the next six months with a definitive date of Jan 2018.
Setting a date to reach your date must first be realistic, then it must be attainable. Don't set a goal to lost 15 pounds in two weeks or set a goal to open a business in a month. The date will hold you accountable for reaching your priorities.
5. Set up or refine systems.
Ex. I want to start a freelance business soon and in order to have a plan for new clients I will create a survey for them.
If you are looking to freelance full-time then there needs to be a client intake process. Or if you want to lose weight, eat right and make the gym make sure that you plan your schedule around these goals.
How do you keep up with your goals when you lose track?
Share some of your goals with us in the comments below.